Dos and Don’ts for Marketing on Instagram.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp

Instagram is the place for all businesses, from new, small to Big. In other words, you should be on Instagram.

Of course, there is a ton of information available on the internet about how to “win” at Instagram. But we will try to cut through the noise for you here.

This will guide you on which steps, practical tips you need to take and follow to establish yourself and successfully build your brand and businesses on Instagram.

Instagram Marketing Do’s

1. Set up your Instagram business account.

All the pieces of your Instagram existence need to be put together to build what your brand is. Be recognizable.

The only clickable link on your Instagram account is in the Bio section just below your name. Always update this link regularly. Think about more than just linking to your website. You can do this, but you can also push event registrations, app downloads, or encourages purchases. 

You can change your bio to promote any launch, campaign, sale, etc. The bio says briefly everything about who you are and what you do and, in doing so.

Now let’s come to the stories! Customer stories and behind the scenes of your office and staff are also effective, especially when you are a service-based company rather than just a product. 

Share pictures that are different, full of identities, and attention capture. Lifestyle photos strengthen the feelings associated with your brand, giving you some brand integrity in the process. 

2. You also need to design a steady visual look.

Through your Instagram account, you’re creating an overall esthetic that your fans grab as they scroll through their feeds.

Basic rules for top-quality, attention-grabbing visuals include remembering that:

Lighter images receive 24% more likes than darker ones.

Busy visuals get 29% fewer likes, so be sure to have more background space.

Having one color control gets you 17% more likes than pictures that have a busier color palette.

3. Advertising events is the best way to engage followers.

Use geotags using which you can to share the location and invite followers who may be nearby.

If you are not physically at the location or event, ask your audience to use a specific hashtag or to tag you in their posts so that you can know their thoughts on the experience.

You can also share their posts on your account. Everyone loves to be noticed! And this way, your audience knows that you see them. 

4. Keep the 80/20 rule in mind.

Yes! applies here. What do we mean? Restrict posts that aim directly at selling your product to 20% of all posts. The other 80% should be content that engages followers and does not focus on your product or service.

5. Remember your target buyer personality.

Flesh out their story and you will get lots of ideas for posts. Who are they? How old are they? What are their hobbies? What are their interests? Where do they like to shop, to play, to eat? What are their favorite things, books, music, TV? Where do they want to travel? How do they want to go there?

Instagram Marketing Don’ts

Now that you have an idea of what to do to be successful on Instagram, what follows here should be fairly emotional. 

So here are the things you should not do in your marketing efforts on Instagram and on social media in general:

1. Failed to create a social media marketing strategy. You have to know what you want to get with your marketing efforts. If you don’t, you’ll never know when you’ve succeeded, or failed. This is where the goal-setting comes into the picture. 

2. Fail to direct negative feedback: Don’t ignore negative comments. They can be an opportunity for development. Start a conversation with whoever drops the negative feedback or complaint.

3. Keep in mind the 80/20 rule.

4. Don’t Spam your audience. Social media is not an advertising channel. Instead, engage in conversation.

4. Failed to engage.

5. Fail to use tracking analytics.

Looking out for Social Media Marketing?

Call us: +91 8888211100

Share this post with your friends

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp

Leave a Reply