On-page SEO helps search engines analyze your website and the content in it and shows it to the searcher’s query as a relevant result. Google is regularly updating their algorithm so that it can understand a searcher’s intent and deliver better search results to user needs. So to get better performance of your website, you have to optimize each and every page of your website.
To rank higher and bring more traffic, today we come up with an on-page SEO checklist.
ON-PAGE SEO CHECKLIST 2021
1. OPTIMIZE PAGE TITLE TAG
A page title or title tag is the most important element of on-page SEO. The title tag instructs search engine bots what they will find on the page. So to optimize the title tags of each page, we have to focus on keywords for the title. Make sure you are not stuffing with keywords in the title.
• For good results always keep the title tags under 65 characters.
• Do not stuff keywords unnecessarily
• Make sure you are using the perfect title to the webpage content for better search
2. OPTIMIZE HEADERS WITH FOCUS KEYWORDS
The header is also known as the heading tag. It helps you to organize your webpage content. Optimize the headers with focused keywords. There are six heading tags H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, and H6.
The H1 tag is the important heading tag that helps search engine bots to understand the content.
3. META DESCRIPTIONS
A Meta description also called a meta description attribute or tag. It is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for users and search engines.
Meta descriptions aren’t the ranking factor anymore but still, it’s important to increase the click-through rate(CTR) of the page. A well-defined description makes visitors click on the URL.
If you do not write any meta descriptions for your web pages then search engines automatically fetch the description from your web page content and fill the meta description space which sometimes does not look good for the website. So always write an optimized meta description
• Place the meta description under 165 characters
• Try to place the focus keywords at the beginning of the description.
• Write a description with impressive words
• Avoid grammatical mistakes
4. HIGH-QUALITY AND LONG PAGE CONTENT.
High quality and engaging content bring value to your audience. Before writing the content thinks about the buyer’s journey and the requirement. This will help you to write engaging content that can give value to your buyers.
Your content should be at least 1500-2000 words long. The longer content you have the higher possibility to rank in search engines.
• Add relevant keywords in the content whether it’s a short or long tail
• Create content that people can share
• Share the content that solves the buyer’s problem as people love the content that solves their problems.
• Add the best Call to action (CTAs) in content to optimize the conversion
5. OPTIMIZE IMAGE.
The search engine can’t read the images. So we need to provide the alternative text so that it can understand what the image is all about.
To optimize your images by providing alt-text. You can also provide title and action to the images.
• Provide a descriptive name to the image file
• Add descriptive alt-text
• Add your keywords in the alt-text.
6. SEO-FRIENDLY URLs
URLs help the visitors and search engine bots to visit the specific page of the website. It also helps to build the website structure.
• Keep the URLs short
• Add the relevant keywords it the URL
• Avoid numbers in the URL
7. INTERNAL LINKING
Internal linking is the hyperlinking of one page to another page on the same website. It helps visitors and search engine bots to visit one page to another easily. It also helps search engine bots (crawlers) to crawl your website properly to index in the search engine database.
It keeps visitors engaged with other relevant pages of the website thus reducing the bounce rate of the website.
The best example of internal linking is the Wikipedia page.
• Try to link all the webpages of your website with internal linking
8. MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS
Google has described that it would for to rank mobile responsive sites first over others. So you need to make sure your website is mobile responsive. To check it, use Google Mobile-Friendly Testing Tool.
As you saw, this SEO checklist really works in 2021.
But before you go for the checklist, I’d wish to hear from you.
What did you think of this post? Do you have a question about something that you read?
Let us know in the comment section.